Vibration analysis is a physical testing procedure used especially for testing rotating components in production. Vibration analysis promptly detects when repairs are needed on key parts of a system.
Machine vibration acquisition can vary greatly according to approach and objectives. The general aim is to detect any changes in operating status by means of regular or permanent recording and analysis of machine vibrations as part of condition monitoring, and to analyse machine vibrations to diagnose damage and optimise operational safety and production quality.
The measurement technology required will vary according to the measurement task, the sensors used and the type of machine in question.
Many different reasons exist for vibrations in machinery with rotating and other moving components. Specific sources of malfunction include:
- Gear teeth defects in transmissions
- Excessive shaft curvature
- Imbalances and misalignment
- Problems with foundations
- Extra vortex vibrations caused by liquids and gases
- Electromagnetic interference
- Certain cavity formations in rapidly flowing liquids
- Deposits on fan elements
Technically faulty systems in just 5% of rotating machine systems will be sufficient to bring an entire plant to a standstill.
This is why predictive vibration analysis is being so widely used in industry. Vibration analysis is primarily found in:
- Motors with drives of all kinds
- Industrial pumps
- Fans and other ventilation equipment
- Compressors and other compression equipment
- Rotating rollers and their bearings
- Turbines and other equipment in power stations
- Special wind power plants
A range of technical solutions are available in vibration analysis to detect oscillations and vibrations.
Two levels of hardware are used for acquisition:
- Measuring devices for processing the data provided by the sensor
1. Sensors for vibration analysis
A wide range of sensors from different manufacturers is available for detecting oscillations or vibrations.
2. Measuring devices for vibration analysis
To record measurement data from sensors, measuring devices and data loggers are used. Special measuring devices with extremely high sampling rates are required.
Delphin's Expert Vibro unit is a versatile and powerful measuring device for vibration analysis. For acquiring sensor data, it has up to 16 synchronous and galvanically isolated analog inputs with a sampling rate of 50 kHz per channel.
Expert Vibro's inputs are universally software-configurable and enable the flexible acquisition of currents, voltages and IEPE sensors. The individual analogue inputs can each be assigned to one of the 4 trigger groups with freely configurable comparators for key phasor sensors. With these functions, maximum flexibility is available for every measuring task.
- Synchronous, parallel acquisition of up to 64 vibration signals/unit
- Simultaneous acquisition of vibration and process signals
- Autarchic for secure vibration monitoring
- Can be used as a subsystem on existing process control systems
- Characteristic value measurement (peak-peak, gap), order analysis
- Data logger memory for autonomous long-term recording of machine history
- Monitoring/alerting (text message, email)
- Reporting to higher-level control systems via PROFIBUS-DP or Modbus RTU/TCP
- Analysis of online/offline measured values on a workstation PC
- Evaluation with orbit-, FFT-, cascade-, y(t)-diagram and others
- Calculation of envelope frequency spectrum and vibration velocity
- Powerful vibration diagnosis system for autonomous long-term recording through integrated data memory
- Universal connection options for acceleration, velocity and distance sensors
- Small compact design and high channel density for easy installation in control cabinets
The Expert Vibro is a PC-independent measurement and control system that can be operated and configured intuitively. Raw signals, time signals and their spectra are therefore easy to create. Numerous option modules enable you to further process vibration signals to obtain the maximum amount of information for in-depth analyses. All common characteristic values, algorithms, filters, integrators, software channels and other parameters are available here, with which the signal can be individually configured for the measurement requirement.
Delphin's vibration measurement technology is aimed at users working on vibration monitoring, vibration analysis and damage diagnosis. Advantages of Delphin products over other products include ease of use, value for money and the option of integrating vibration monitoring into process monitoring.
We will be happy to provide you with a detailed presentation of our products for modern vibration analysis. Contact our expert team now and receive a non-binding consultation.