Determining positions via GPS signals is an enhancement to Delphin data loggers. The GPS signal is received via a GPS sensor serially connected to a Delphin data logger. The sensor records GPS data according to the NEMA protocol. The Delphin device can then compute, independently and online, longitudes and latitudes (positional determination) as well as speed. The GPS data is then available as a software channel and can be combined with measurement data as required. A direct relationship can then be established between positional and measurement data. The ProfiSignal Go software can be used to observe the data online and to evaluate it offline. The measurement and positional data can be directly merged into Google Earth (e.g. position, speed, consumption, performance).
- Time-synchronized acquisition of GPS positional and measurement data
- Absolute, precision time-synchronization for independent measurement applications
- Mobile use in vehicles using a 12 VDC power supply
- Scalable solutions from 1 to 1000 measurement channels
- Evaluation of measurement data using ProfiSignal or Google Earth
Practical example: Conductivity measurement with combined GPS positional data acquisition
At a research institute for vegetable and ornamental plants, the conductivity in soil is carried out for research purposes. A vehicle has been developed which travels across the experimental area. A rolling electrode system is used which feeds alternating currents into one axle and measures its return at several other axles. The Expert Vibro measurement data acquisition system simultaneously records process data and GPS coordinates. Results can then be observed directly during measurement. ProfiSignal is used to read-out data from the device memory and immediately portray it in coloured XY diagrams.
Typical areas of application
- GPS and combined measurement data acquisition in trains
- GPS data logger in vehicles (cars, trucks, …)
- Measurements in flight testing
- Diagnosis of effects with positionally changing machinery
- Monitoring hired machinery
- Measurements in field trials (forklifts, tractors, construction equipment)
- Field trials for alternative drive systems in vehicles