We are daily surrounded by electro-technical illumination whether at work or at home. As for all electro-technical products, safety here is particularly important. For this reason, newly developed lamps must undergo a multitude of tests before being brought to market. Even the latest LED technology requires high-level testing for safety and reliability. Especially important here are thermal tests which are part of the EN 60598-1 standard to ensure that even in the event of malfunctioning, a lamp will not overheat and cause a fire. Delphin Technology offers the latest and fully automated measurement and evaluation technology.
- Data acquisition, automation and evaluation in a single system
- Fully automated testing procedures complying to EN 60598-1 including testing protocols
- Office compatibility, all data can be exported into Word
- All channels are galvanically isolated from each other up to 650 V
- Precision electrical measurement of AC and DC currents, voltages and power
The development of the white-light LED has created a multitude of new fields of application for lamp producers and the light industry. A start-up company within the lighting branch is now producing flexible designer light lines which enable a range of lighting options. New developments in lighting technology require new testing methods to prepare the products for every conceivable use and to guarantee their safety and reliability. A luminaire testing device is used in during development to automatically perform thermal and electrical testing. The universal testing and Message devices are being used for service-life and performance testing.
Typical areas of application
- Thermal testing on lamps according to EN 60598-1
- Light component testing, e.g. LED modules
- Repeat and retrofit measurements
- Measurement of primary and secondary electrical values
- Determining winding temperatures in ballasts/transformers
- Performance testing of LED lamps
- Service life testing of lamps and luminaires
- Abnormal operation and simulation of malfunctioning events